Thursday, March 12, 2009

THE GOLDEN STATE



The beer list is pretty interesting...
(you'll have to forgive the focus, my camera sampled one too many)

There's not much seating for how busy this place is. However, I found that if you use your mind and will people to leave, a table eventually opens up.

"Did I see Scoops listed on the menu above???"
Why yes you did! And here is a picture of ice cream...

There's only one burger on the menu, boldly named "The Burger"
Harris Ranch Beef, Fiscalini Farmhouse Cheddar, Brown Sugar Glazed Bacon,
Arugula, Homemade Aioli, and Ketchup
Side of Sweet Potato Wedges

Take note of my North Coast Old Rasputin Imperial Stout - 10oz Draft (Fort Bragg, CA)
(Also know as "the one with the overly long name)

Nicely cooked - very delicious. This burger was the second best burger that I've had in LA thus far (Umami still #1). The meat was very tasty, but just a tad tougher than Umami. I loved the flavors from the cheese and arugula, but the bacon is a little hard and didn't really add to the taste of the burger. The Sweat Potato Wedges were one of the best burger sides I've ever had.

426 N. Fairfax Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Phone: (323) 782-8331

No comments: