Saturday, April 4, 2009

25 DEGREES


Red leather and dim lights

I hate "build your own" options. They only offer 3 of their own creations, anything beyond that is up to you. If you are claiming to be a burger restaurant, then offer me a number of the absolute best burgers you can think of. If we learned anything from Top Chef it's be a "Chef" and tell me what to eat - that's what I'm paying you for. I can "build my own" in my backyard.


The Sweet Potato Fries were good.
The Onion Rings were nothing to write home about.

Number One $12
Ground Sirloin, Caramelized Onions, Prelibato Gorgonzola,
Crescenza, Bacon, Arugula, Thousand Island
And their own beer: Twenty Five Red
(Nick and Meredith split their burger - both enjoyed it)

Number Two $12
Ground Sirloin, Roasted Tomato, Crispy Prosciutto,
Burrata and Pesto on a GIGANTIC Roll
Too much bread can really kill a burger.

Perfect job of cooking, although the meat is not quite Umami quality.

I'm not a big fan of this place after coming here twice. I think they are pretty lazy for what they appear to be. With the exception of Miller High Life, their beer selection is pretty pathetic. No Belgium beers, nothing dark and interesting. Parking is a nightmare (unless you valet). Look two blocks west and North or South of Hollywood for meter parking.

7000 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028
(323) 785-7244

1 comment:

SinoSoul said...

I browsed thru some of your key reviews (25 deg, Counter, "Umami", etc.) and noted a huge oxymoron: panning 25deg for the large bun, yet bravado for Umami's gigantic bun. What's up w/ that?

G'luck in your burger quest as you're easily a dozen+ away from tasting some of the finer burgers in LA (Rustic Canyon, Mom's, The Burger Stand, Beacon, Fred's Down Home, Bar Marmont, etc.)